Today we thought to keep you updated about the ongoing bugfixes and improvements.
- First of all we have extended the time limit from 99 seconds per level to 120 seconds. A bunch of people who were able to play a preview complained about “lack of time” as they prefer exploring levels and collecting as many items as possible. Those 120 seconds should be now really more than enough for everyone, even for “explorers” and “diamond collectors”.
- We have two types of wall bricking now. As you know if Giana has her curly hairstyle she can destroy bricks – depending on her power there are two ways the brick disappears. If you have the energy-ball and you are bricking a wall, the brick get’s dissolved. As soon as you get stronger and have shooting ability, your “energy” level raises too and if you destroy a brick it splits into 4 parts as you know it from the preview videos. This is more like an eye candy and grant at least a little bit of difference during gameplay.
- Here comes something we have shameless stolen from “Super Mario” :) If you destroy a brick, you will get one extra score. This might be not a lot, but the main goal is not to destroy as many bricks as possible. Maybe as soon as the game is out some ppl might be worried about “who has the highest” score, so adding this ability to bricks, will be an important factor for score hunters. One point might be not a lot, but see everything in bigger dimensions. We might raise the amount of points you get from 1 to 5 or 10, but we are pretty unsure about that. After all you get 50 points just for squeezing an regular enemy ;)
- The whole intro stuff is done – Credits, a “special inspriation screen”, language selection and then it goes over to the titlescreen from where you can start the game – just finetuning left there.
- Last but not least, our coder fixed something which is of internal matter, the test mode shows everything animated now – which is a lot more comfortable when testing things ;)