Almost after one month, here comes a bugfixed version of Giana’s Return. As you can notice, it’s still not v1.00, as we don’t feel it should be v1.00 yet. A few minor things still need to be overworked, this will be saved for the next release.
The joypad/gamepad bug for Windows users in this update still exists and vertical scrolling is still disabled by default. This are the major points, which will be overworked with v1.00.
The following editions are updated: Windows 32/64 Bit & Wiz
The following new flavors are here: GP2x
* Fixed grammar/spelling/structure within German language part
* Exchanged gray spiky stone in world 1 with red spiky cactus tree
* Decreased difficulty in level 6-8, extended three platforms with each one bug
* Leveldesign / Modified level 7-4, which fixes a problem if Giana dies in water
* Leveldesign / Modified level 7-8, removed a bonus cave which was placed in a way Giana got stuck when she came back to daylight.
* Leveldesign / Fixed fire animation in 3-4, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4, 5-5, 5-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-5, 6-6
* Leveldesign / Modified level 3-4, because one platform had a double enemy occupation
* Fixed Swampy password bug
* Added checkpoints
* Speed is set 0 when Giana stops at a wall-tile
* Fire collision is more forgiving now
* Added hint how to save Maria from Swampy
* Exchanged flags on language selection screen
* Redesigned language selection screen
* Bonus caves are harder to find now, it was partially too obvious before
* Increased level time from 140 to 160 seconds
* Big Bosses don’t kill instantly anymore, if you have more than 50% of your energy left
* Appearance/Quality of title screen improved
* Removed hidden bonus bricks for Swampy boss stage, which caused a possible slowdown at a very important place – this actually resulted in time loss and swampy catching you.
* Fixed hardly noticable layer bug in Swampy boss stage.
* Modified Level 46 to make it a bit more fair – if you had proper timing, it was not a big deal, but most players obviously had a problem.
* WIN32 / Changed default keyboard configuration to: Cursor keys for Left, Right, Down, Jump – Space for Shoot – this will only apply if you do not have a giana.cfg already.
* Minor fixes and other stuff we forgot to write down…
Today is also a special day: So Eid Mubarek for all of you who had a hard fasting month :D But wait… this does not mean, we have the next update on XMAS… ;-)
Please head over to the download menue on the left for the downloads.
Thanks and ENJOY!